Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Confessions of a frustrated sew-er...

I chose a very simple project to motivate myself to learn to sew. I wanted to create a baby mobile to go over Jonas' change table like this one I saw on Etsy. I bought the felt, needle, and thread, and eagerly got to work.

Except after hand-stitching one of the raindrops it didn't look quite right. I asked Matt for his opinion, to which he didn't need to verbally reply because his expression confirmed that my uneven hand-stitching resembled the clumsy handy-work of a child. Blast! I tore the stitches out and tried again. Still that dubious expression. That was it, I tore the stitches out and pulled out the hot glue gun. Anyway here is the finished project, which I think at a distance looks respectfully like the inspiration (insert dubious expression here).

3 comments:

  1. Bahahha... glue gun. I think its still cute. Even if a little ghetto. I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sewing, unfortunately, like guitar or piano takes practice and the 'notes' do matter...it's kind of a precision thing, but still, it'll get easier. Hey, what happened to the house pics? I wanted to show Uncle Manochehr. Also - Eli is engaged as of yesterday:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoo! Whoo! That is such exciting news! Will it be a summer wedding then? The house will be finished over the next couple days so we will post the new house pics soon.

    ReplyDelete