Friday, May 28, 2010

Project Tornado

Jonas and I were in Calgary for 10 days with Amy while Mom and Dad went to Trinidad. I came prepared with a list of projects to pass the time, here are the ones that got completed:

Project Tornado Rescue

Amy told me a tornado hit her room which left it pretty much inhabitable (she was sleeping in Mom and Dad's room). This was wreckage it left in it's wake (pictures shown with her permission).




Armed with my cleaning gloves and a fistful of garbage bags I waded through the ruins. More than seven hours later I managed to salvage some semblance of tidiness and organization. The green labeled sticky notes on the desk, dresser and on boxes a reminder that sometimes big sisters can make the best rescuers for messy teenage rooms like the ones they used to have.




Project Mostly Matt's Hard Work

These are the jewelry holders Amy and I made- well painted- Matt did the wood/assembling work.


Project Slightly More Sophisticated Version of Hot Glue Gunning Felt

Sometimes I'm afraid fusible web is as close as I will ever get to sewing (sewing got bumped to the bottom of the list again but I will master this seemingly impossible skill...eventually)

4 comments:

  1. I love the projects Royall. Especially the family tree. Your sister's room isn't that bad either compared to my sisters. I have NEVER seen a messy person than my little sister. She is on a mission now so hopefully someone teaches her to be more organized!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Royall for every thing =) you will be happy to know I'm keeping up on my room.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Royall I love to read your blog...I get you in a big way. I'm so lucky to get to know you better as we live to far away. You are a super neat neice (in more ways than one)
    Love Auntie Steph

    ReplyDelete