Tuesday, June 12, 2012

I love this land



One of the qualities I admired most in Grandpa Harland and continue to admire in my Dad and Jonas is their deep love for the land. I feel like that gift of being able to be still and silent, to be able to draw strength and solace from nature makes us kindred spirits. Drinking in the peace and beauty of views like these this weekend at the farm renewed my spirits and gave me much needed time to be alone with my thoughts. It reminded me to strip more of what doesn't really matter from my life so I have more of that peace with me daily.

3 comments:

  1. That was really fun! Can't wait to go back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That view is amazing! I could park myself there and just sit for a week or so.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this post! And agree whole heartedly.

    ReplyDelete