Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Sifting

This talk, "Prepare for the Days of Tribulation", given by President Ezra Taft Benson in 1980 instills more urgency to change in me than any other talk (I love a good talk that cuts to my core and makes me clearly see I need to be better). I came across it in my scripture journal today and it really reminded (along with several other talks actually) of the general theme running through the last general conference session talks that members need to re-dedicate themselves as disciples of Christ.

Here's a taste:

"There is a real sifting going on in the Church, and it is going to become more pronounced with the passing of time. It will sift the wheat from the tares, because we face some difficult days, the like of which we have never experienced in our lives. And those days are going to require faith and testimony and family unity, the like of which we have never had. We must prepare for the great day of the Lord. This preparation must consist of more than just casual membership in the Church. We must be guided by personal revelation and the counsel of the living prophet so that we will not be deceived".

Literally, this talk makes me so uncomfortable that it makes my insides squirm. I have a lot of preparing, physically and spiritually I need to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment