Saturday, August 29, 2009

It's That Time


My classroom is officially ready for school to begin on Monday. The first assignment and a freshly sharpened pencil are laid out on each of the twenty-three desks. Each desk, mailbox, and locker has a student name tag, and all the papers that need to go home the first day are neatly organized on the front desk. My bulletin board backgrounds and borders are waiting to be decorated with student pictures and projects, and I have my first day planned almost to the minute. A few rounds of hangman were played just to ensure that the SmartBoard was in good working order.


I have a terrific teacher aide and I met three girls who are in my Grade Three class on Friday who were really sweet (although I have been informed by reliable sources that it was act on the part of one girl, and that her parent, who is famous for being found at the teacher's desk eating her breakfast early in the morning, is crazy). But crazy parents aside, I am really looking forward to the school year and having my very own class. I just can't believe that the start of school came so fast!

2 comments:

  1. Your classroom is SO adorable! I love it. How did your day go? I've officially survived day three with 21- 6 year olds.. phew!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It went by so fast and I loved it! It feels good to be back in teacher mode. I can't believe how much more time it takes Grade Threes to do things than it does Grade Sixes! It took them about twenty minutes to write down six short bullet points in their agendas! I bet the difference between your grade fives and grade ones is even more different. My class is really cute though and I already have them (or at least 22 out of 24 students) trained to whip their little heads around to face the front and raise their hand to give me five as fast as they can when they hear me ring the bell for their attention. It is pretty hard to keep a straight face when they do it so earnestly. Are you feeling tired yet?

    ReplyDelete