Friday, October 30, 2009

Queen of Hearts


This year I decided to re-visit my Alice in Wonderland past (I was Alice when I was about six years old, but unfortunately there is no photo evidence) and be the Queen of Hearts. Amy and I planned to make our costumes together- but between shopping, laser tag, and stuffing ourselves with chinese food in Calgary last weekend we didn't have any time to buy fabric to make the tutus. Instead I waited until a couple days before Friday to tie tulle, and cut and glue felt hearts. My crafting skills could use some work (I couldn't even sew my costume) but at least it was enough to impress my grade threes: "How did you make that?!"


Amy did an awesome job with her makeup, she was even dedicated enough to glue her eyebrows down with a glue-stick to make them invisible.


My kingdom.


My loyal subjects paid tribute to me during lunch hour when they thought it would be hilarious to bow down to me whenever I entered the classroom for lunch supervision. Okay, it was entertaining for me as well. And don't worry- I didn't my abuse my power and make them work too hard on Friday.

1 comment: