Sunday, October 4, 2009

Field Trip Time!


Yesterday Matt and I decided it was field trip time. So we recruited my brothers Jordan and Colton and headed to the Telus World of Science in Edmonton for an afternoon of educational fun. 
The day was off to a rocky start when we drove to probably the only restaurant in Edmonton that is not open on a Saturday- thanks a lot Tokyo Express on 112 St. I really needed some sakana (fish) to fuel my brain for some serious learning.
At the center we explored the exhibits, watched a movie about space exploration in the Science Dome and tested our physical prowess. We each had our moment to shine.

I won the basketball shootout (Matt says this is debatable but Colton will attest to the fact that the computer gave Matt two points for two missed shots).

Matt ran faster than a grizzly bear (1.96 seconds), balanced the longest on a skateboard, had the best reflex times to sound, light, and touch stimulus, and won the wheel chair race championship (and the contest for biggest showoff).

Colton displayed the most left hand strength in the circus games

and Jordan climbed a climbing wall without even touching it.

The highlight I'm sure we would all agree however was learning to make ice cream using liquid nitrogen and then of course eating the ice cream. Oh and the kids who thought they were going to die when they imagined that a bit of nitrogen splashed on their heads added to the entertainment as well.

3 comments:

  1. ice cream is always the highlight when you are a stoddard :0) i actually just polished off a bowl myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry I missed all the fun - I've been away but am home now so look us up if you guys are in town. Is Jordan in Edmonton for long?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jordan is already back in Calgary, and Colton will be back in Calgary soon too. But Matt and I are actually going to be in Edmonton tomorrow (Oct. 15) and mom will be in Gibbons so I think she will be meeting up with us sometime. We should all meet for lunch!

    ReplyDelete