Sunday, December 6, 2009

Grown-up Stuff


I feel a lot like a kid playing grown-up lately: a degree, a salaried job, a baby, and now possibly a house. Matt and I put an offer in tomorrow morning. I have been rebelling against the idea of a cookie-cutter house with a small yard but the allure of a new home has been too compelling. If the offer goes through (I fully anticipate a counter offer first, so it is definitely a maybe) then Matt and I will still have enough time to choose the colors and materials. We're envisioning charcoal maple cabinetry, pale grey countertops, modern hardware, glossy black appliances, bright white walls and dark hardwood floors throughout (my mom's brows are furrowing with concern right now because she is not envisioning it) which are unconventional choices in Lloydminster so the home will at least be an unconventional cookie cutter.

3 comments:

  1. And a house! Oh... that sounds glorious. I kinda wish I could be playing at the same level of grown up that you are. Minus the baby part. That might be awkward with my lack of a husband. I hope you get it. Having a house would just be amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Royall, I love reading your blog. I also feel like I am playing grown up. 25 with 2 kids and Brad almost done dental school. I love reading your posts about teaching. It makes me a little teary eyed thinking that I never finished my degree, but oh well, being a Mom is a better career :). You look like you are such an awesome teacher. I love your Willy Wonka party!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's fun now, when you're my age, you wish you could play 'kid'. :-)

    ReplyDelete