Sunday, December 20, 2009

Minimalism Quotes

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."
- Antoine de Saint-Exupe

"The secret of happiness, you see, is not found in seeking more, but in developing the capacity to enjoy less." - Socrates

"Less is more." - Ludwig Mies van der Rohe

"One can furnish a room very luxuriously by taking out furniture rather than putting it in." - Francis Jourdain

"Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful." - William Morris

"We ascribe beauty to that which is simple; which has no superfluous parts; which exactly answers its end."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." - Leonardo da Vinci

"The ability to simplify means to eliminate the unnecessary so that the necessary may speak." - Hans Hofmann

"We don't need to increase our goods nearly as much as we need to scale down our wants. Not wanting something is as good as possessing it." - Donald Horban

2 comments:

  1. Hi Royall, How is the challenge going? You and Sarra are on the same page...she is always selling stuff or taking it to the Bargain Barn. I am kind of sort of, in a way, like you two because I am good at getting rid of unused things, but I am also a pretty darn good shopper and bring too much back in! Only things I really like though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've just started a couple projects since I got back. I managed to condense all of my teaching books, resources, unit plans, etc. into one rubbermaid container and I've sorted through and organized all of Matt and I's paperwork. Next I think I'll tackle the shoe & coat closet.

    ReplyDelete