Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Comfort

I've been thinking lately about how the only thing I ever need to worry about is trying to be righteous (which granted is a lot to worry about in and of itself!)

There is so much comfort in that knowledge for me.

I don't need to worry that my body still can't seem to pass all the tissue it needs to.

I don't need to worry about the things people do and say that directly or indirectly hurt my feelings.

I don't need to worry about my children growing up in a world where basic liberties and rights are questioned and evil growing more bold and more rampant.

I don't need to worry about the pestilence, famines, wars and desolations that will precede Christ's Second Coming.

I only need to try to follow Jesus Christ's example.

That's it.

I only need to worry about living in a way that allows me to be attuned to the Holy Ghost so Heavenly Father can lead and direct my life. Because my Heavenly Father takes care of me. He is a merciful, patient and gentle teacher. And because Jesus Christ has atoned for my sins, I can repent when I make a mistake and strive to be a little better everyday.

Life is simple and infinitely beautiful with that perspective.

5 comments:

  1. So true Royall! And I needed to hear it, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was such a great reminder for me! I definitely needed to hear that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My inner peace comes from this very concept. Well said!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this. My heart soars KNOWING this. The world is crazy but life is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete