Monday, August 12, 2013

This pregnancy

has taken an unexpected turn and I've miscarried (or rather I think I am still miscarrying).

Matt and I are of course disappointed but we've mostly felt peace and comfort. Heavenly Father is watching over us. We don't need anything right now except perhaps a little space to process things.

And since the word about the pregnancy has spread out beyond the immediate family members and close friends we told (as exciting news always does), maybe people can tell those same people they've told about the pregnancy about the miscarriage so I don't have to answer their questions about the pregnancy or miscarriage (because I would really hate to turn into a puddle at church or bumping into an extended family member).

6 comments:

  1. Royall I am so sorry you are having to experience the sadness and loss of a miscarriage. I vividly remember my experience- the spotting, the cramps, the bleeding that wouldn't stop. I remember the trip to the ER, straight into a tiny room, an IV, a blood transfusion. I was in and out of consciousness. On a stretcher, in the elevator, wheeling past the nursery where the tiny babies brought it all home and I cried for the almost-baby that would never be mine. I am praying you will have the help and support you need. So grateful you have Matt. And three darling boys. Love and hugs from me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry Royall. If you need anything let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of love from our neck of the woods Harkers. Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thinking of you and praying for you guys Royall. I am so sorry. Love you

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry you both have to go through this. We're thinking and praying for you. Lots of love from me.

    ReplyDelete