Saturday, November 21, 2009

Perception

In the midst of my report card marking I got some brief humorous relief today in the form of my students' perceptions of me on September 17, when they made brainstorm webs about school. Here are a few of my favorite lines:

"She loves her kids." I'm sure I would love my kids... if I had them at present.

"She teaches Grade Three." This from my very literally minded Mr. Moody.

"She is really good at gym." Hey if this is what the best athlete in my class has to say I think I have represented myself well.

"She is nice because she never hurts us." Apparently the only criterion for being a nice teacher is to restrain oneself from inflicting physical pain?

"She has nice hair." This from a little boy in my class who likes to say "Good-bye most bootifullest teacher" at the end of some school days. You can't help but love a kid who can pay compliments like that.

"She rings a bell a lot." Fact: I only ring that bell about twice a week to get the class's attention when they are doing group work or workstations.

"My teacher is about 28 years old." Hey she was a lot closer than the kid who guessed that I was turning 42 on my birthday.

I love teaching these funny kids.

2 comments:

  1. BAhahahha.... you do have very nice hair. Your kids are super funny. And I'm glad you kick butt at gym.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can tell you are a fabulous teacher and will be an even more so as you teach your family in your home...good job. love the golden ticket idea and everything!

    ReplyDelete