Sunday, November 22, 2009

Willy Wonka Party

I've been reading "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" to the students in my class during their snack-time. They got really into the story (they actually erupted into cheers when Charlie found the golden ticket) so I thought it would be fun to have a class Willy Wonka party. They had to earn their golden ticket by setting a goal and meeting it at least six out of ten school days. We did a Willy Wonka activity each day building up to our party and on Friday the students came into the classroom to find a Wonka bar containing a golden ticket on their desk (everyone that is except for my Mr. Chatterbox and Little Miss Lazy who didn't earn a golden ticket to the movie part of the party, but I suspect it might have a good lesson for them). Now I only have four weeks of teaching left! That's only one more classroom party to plan! Here are some pictures from the week:




3 comments: