Sunday, March 14, 2010

One Week

So much has changed in the past week. For one, I feel like a grown-up now. Matt and I's induction into parenthood has had its challenges as well as its joys and they have stretched us in ways that only having child could. We even look older now- a bit more careworn and something I can't quite describe has changed in our expressions. A small part of me looks longingly at the stage of life that has passed- it looks so carefree and spontaneous. Matt and I don't catch quite as many moments of being together, but the ones we do have seem more precious. My love has increased for Matt as I watched him love and care for our son. I love this kind and gentle man and our little boy so fiercely it kind of hurts. I feel grateful to have a Heavenly Father who knows me perfectly and who has trusted me with the care of this special spirit. I am in awe of the responsibility I have to learn and grow into a better parent and a better person but I feel a strong sense of his love and confidence in me that I can rise to the challenge. Being a mother to Jonas has brought so much joy into my life and I could never want to go back to life one week ago.



3 comments:

  1. I love the calendar pics. They are really unique and look way cool. Jonas is seriously adorable. And I have complete faith in your parenting abilities.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Royall you should write books, your words are so, you know what I can not even find a word to describe it, I love reading your blogs as they sound so profound. I love that sometimes if I don't know what the words means I still now what you are saying, some authors are bad at that. Oh and bye the way Jonas is soooooo adorable.

    ReplyDelete