Friday, February 11, 2011

FOUND!

I have finally found a pair of flattering, affordable, comfortable jeans with the perfect bit of slouch! They are called the "boyfriend flare" which kind of sounds like an oxymoron to me but I love them- weird name and all. They are only part of Gap's spring line which means I will have to stock up if I want to have pairs around for the next few years. I've been into wide leg wool trousers for the past few years (I am still mourning my charcoal greys who passed away after being worn nearly everyday of my internship/subbing/grade 3 teaching for over a year- which were unfortunately also part of a limited Gap collection) so I'm loving the trouser leg jeans that seem to be everywhere this spring. The jeans do have one flaw- a low rise, but the high rise trouser leg jeans weren't winning Matt over and seeing as he has to look at me more than any other person I thought it would be kind to take his opinions into consideration. So here they are- being worn with 5 1/2" platforms that make me almost 6 feet tall! They make me feel so leggy. Something this long armed, long-waisted orangutan of girl has never felt in all her average leg length days!


They've got good shock value haven't they (especially seeing as I rarely wear heels)? They're a more sophisticated version of my old grade six friend's Spice Girl shoes she wore to get onto all the rides at Galaxyland because she was too short to meet the height restrictions without them.

2 comments:

  1. Did you ever see Sarra's red snakeskin platform badboys? She came off the plane from SLC while incollege, wearing them - I was more than a little surprised!

    ReplyDelete