Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Surprise! Surprise!

two boys!

I guess I can't throw around my woman's intuition about knowing the gender of my babies anymore. I was wrong about having a girl, wrong about having a girl and a boy, and now I'm too defeated to wager a guess about whether the boys are fraternal or identical twins. The doctor said even after the boys are born it probably won't be apparent right away whether they share the exact same genes or not. The placenta will be sent away to a pathologist to analyze and give the final word.

I'm so excited to have three boys within two years. There'll be an overlap in nursery and probably in the future with missions too. They are going to have so much fun together camping, playing basketball, snowboarding, and hanging out with the other Harker boys (we've now extended the total count of Harker boy cousins to 8 versus 2 girls and 6 of the boys are born in a row).

The doctor doesn't want to let the twins go past 38 weeks or April 26. Harland Neil and Rhett Roy we'll be seeing you soon (Neil and Roy for their Grandpas).

Is it bad that Matt and I are already picturing Rhett Roy as the instigator of mischief? And Harland Neil as the more level-headed, thoughtful voice of reason? It's weird the power names have in shaping perceptions.

5 comments:

  1. wow!!!! What an adventure... you've got a good start on your basketball team now Royall :)

    I asked my sister to send an email with advice for Mom's with twins. I'll pass it on when I get it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the names, Royall! What fun you will be having with your three sons! And you will be such amazing parents. Very excited for you- and us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the names I have a cousin named rhett and I have always loved that name. Can't wait to see what they look like. 3 boys ah so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely love the names Royall! You must send me your address when you have a second! Miss you a lot Royall!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE those names. And I gotta say, I was thinking a boy (or boys) the whole time. Probably just because that seems to be the trend in our family. I'm so excited!

    ReplyDelete