Thursday, October 31, 2013

Happy? Halloween

Jonas kept repeating over and over in a matter-of-fact voice "He's a sad mouse."

Poor Harland.
I had to ditch the costume right away.
Then as we were preparing to go to the mall he finally saw enough of the rest of us happily settled in our costumes he decided to try it.

Jonas requested a red puppy and apparently I delivered.
I took 5 minutes to cut out some felt ears and safety pin them to a red hoodie and he could not stop gazing delightedly at himself in the mirror.
Later I took a ribbon and a hot glue gun to make a collar (because I'm hardcore like that) and he told me it was a "cool costume". 
It was so sweet. 
He was thrilled with my slacker mom costume skills (I think I was still burnt out from last year).

Rhett as Tigger.

As soon as Harls ditched the Mickey Mouse costume Rhett was desperate to have a second costume.

He cannot get enough dress-up, this guy.


At the mall with Aunt Karen, Eva, Tommy , Laura, Ashton and Renne. 
We were almost the only trick-or-treaters at a small mall I'd never been to in Lethbridge. 
It was brilliant.

I have been eating only unprocessed food the last five days so not a single treat for me.
I consoled myself with homemade baked salt and vinegar chips.
These were intense, in the best sort of way.

http://umamigirl.com/2009/11/salt-and-vinegar-broiled-fingerling-potatoes.html

4 comments:

  1. Those boys are way too adorable in their costumes! And that picture of Harland is a real gem, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "He's a sad mouse." Hilarious! Those salt and vinegar chips look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Their costumes are so cute! Your boys are adorable! Bailey is looking at them with me and said she wants to come to your house!:) I wish we could right now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Macie and Halloween didn't go over all that well either at our home, it was funny though how at the end of the day she had just as big of a melt down when we tried to take it off as when we were trying to put it on her.

    ReplyDelete