Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Conclusions

I'm finished my 21 day experiment (which actually worked out closer to 14 days between eating at other people's homes for a few meals and eating whatever I wanted on the two weekend trips Matt and I took to see family). What I realized was that whole foods made me feel full a lot quicker than processed foods and I was a lot less likely to snack on them (although I do think bell peppers are lovely, I cannot go so far as to say that they are a treat, let alone a treat I would overindulge in). I had to spend more time planning and making meals (Matt made the bread) but the food seemed to taste better, excepting burgers which sadly missed ketchup and BBQ sauce. My body does feel better (and somehow cleaner on the inside) when I eat whole foods so I will be integrating more whole foods into my meals while phasing out some processed foods I won't miss. Having said that, I must confess that I am anticipating a sweet reunion with S'more Pop Tarts sometime in the near future.

1 comment: