Friday, October 15, 2010

7 MONTHS

Jonas at 7 months:
- has 2 bottom teeth which he used to chew turkey baby food on Thanksgiving (it looked so funny to see just his bottom jaw moving as he tried to chew the tiny lumps)
- he whimpers like a puppy whenever he needs something and he does fake coughs and shrieks just for the sheer delight of hearing his voice
- sits up by himself for long periods of time while he plays


- is soooo close to crawling, he has been taking a few steps at a time he just hasn't put the whole pattern of arm-leg-arm-leg together yet, but he practices a LOT
- tries walking on his hands and feet with his bum in the air when he is tired of practicing on his hands and knees (actually his arms don't move, only his legs do so he eventually face plants)


- loves to play "soccer" in his jolly jump (where I kick a beach ball to him), balls are still his favorite toys
- is still a tense, body builder baby always working on his isometric exercises, oh and he loves to hold himself in (man) push-up position like this:


- has graduated to his new carseat
- goes grrrrr in his cute little baby voice whenever he is angry or frustrated- I know, it won't be cute anymore before too long
- still hates getting dressed and still always has to be moving


- likes to feed himself his own bottle sometimes and to play with his food (painting it across his tray)
- has a very developed little sense of humor and loves to laugh along with Matt and I, one day he was playing in crib when he was supposed to be sleeping and I tried to move him down so his head wouldn't be against the bars but he grabbed the bars above his head and started laughing hysterically while I tried to move him down- little monkey
- our morning rituals begins with Matt or I singing "In the Leafy Tree Tops" as one of us goes to get Jonas out of his crib, bringing him into our bed for a family snuggle (my favorite part of the day), family breakfast, and then Jonas and I stand at the window and wave goodbye (Jonas bangs the window instead) to Matt as he leaves for work



- walks in a prancing sort of way, he exaggeratedly lifts his feet as he takes steps as Matt or I hold his hands, he also loves twirling in his jolly jump- a future in ballet? I would love that- I'm not so sure about Matt- but ballet is seriously manly, there was a study done rating the physical demands of all sorts of sports and ballet was rated second just a little behind football
- has only done the pincher movement once when picking up a cornflake- I try to practice fine motor skills with him every morning by placing 5 "magic" beans on his tray but he still picks them up with his whole hand (he has a soother in and I watch him like a hawk to make sure that monkey doesn't try to eat one)


Weight 17 lbs, 25 oz; Height 69 cm; Head Circumference 45 cm 

6 comments:

  1. Why are Jonas' eyebrows so cute???

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean! Matt and I were just talking about how handsome his eyebrows look a couple days ago.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously such expressive little eyes on that guy. But I love his man push ups. I could learn a thing or two from that child. But seeing as you're his mother (and a total hardcore) I'm not surprised to see him starting early.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Royall! He is truly a beautiful baby boy. I cannot believe I haven't met him yet! I want to see you in motherhood action. Since you put the homeschool word out there you have to promise me you'll read some John Holt and a John Taylor Gatto book. I think you'll enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your blog. I also think every room, in every house, should contain peacock colors.

    ReplyDelete