Wednesday, December 15, 2010

The Closet






There's only eight days left of my challenge to not spend any money on clothes this year so I've spent the past two weeks washing, drying, and trying on all my clothes. The challenge wasn't as hard as I expected because my online and in store shopping dropped dramatically so there was less temptation to buy. But having said that I'm glad my wonderful Mom and Dad bought me some things right after I had Jonas (it would have been very demoralizing to keep wearing baggy maternity clothes until I fit into my regular ones) and for my birthday (by which time I had reached my normal size and realized I had stretched out a lot of my "regular" clothes while I was pregnant). I also spent a $75 gift card to buy a few comfortable, washable, and presentable clothes so I wasn't wearing pajamas around the house all day.

 I wondered at the start of the year whether it would feel like I had no clothes at the end of it but I don't feel that way at all. I like being able to see everything I have at glance and I actually wear all the clothes in my closet now. I would like to pick up a few new things this year though:

1. more dresses (I only have one and the genius of dresses is that they are a complete outfit)
2. the perfect pair of jeans (I'm tired of making due with the low-rise pair I wear now but I'm not looking forward to what I'm sure will be a long hunt to find the "perfect" pair- Gap discontinued my tried and true fit, and all the new denim everywhere feels too thin, too stretchy and sits too low- where does one look for a solid, long wearing piece of denim that doesn't bag out, with a rise that actually allows you to sit without adjusting the back of your pants?)

1 comment:

  1. Way to go on accomplishing your goal, you were my inspiration for only spending $300 this coming year, I was going to try and buy nothing, but new that was impossible.

    ReplyDelete