Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Tree Wrecker

Yup, this guy.

I thought I had a brilliant strategy for our Christmas tree. 
Decorate the top half in the beautiful glass ornaments I snagged at 90% off last year and decorate the bottom half in kid-friendly ornaments from my childhood. 

Problem 1: Our tree looked like it had bipolar disorder.
Problem 2: Jonas was breaking my sentimentally valuable ornaments.
Problem 3: Jonas was climbing onto our couch to pull glass ornaments off the tree.
Problem 4: When glass ornaments break they shatter. 
The room has to be cleared for 10 minutes to collect all the fine pieces.


The Solution: 30 ft wired ribbon, 60 pinecones, and a rustic star courtesy of Martha Stewart



Do your worst Jonas.

4 comments:

  1. Oh man. I have no idea what we are going to do this year. Maitland is getting into everything and I'm terrified that he is going to pull the tree down on top of himself. I think I might have to put gates around it in the corner to save the tree from disaster and my sanity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my, crazy times. What a great solution to the destruction. I'm glad Quinn isn't mobile yet and Hailey is very careful.

    Still need more house pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my goodness, Jonas is getting so big and grown up looking. Love the tree ,and that family room reminds me of your family room from your last house. at first I thought it was and thought maybe they really didn't move.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your tree looks awesome. And I love it. He is such a beautiful boy by the way.

    ReplyDelete