Wednesday, April 10, 2013

First Birthdays!

Since we thought Harland wearing arm splints and on a restricted diet was going to put a damper on digging into his first birthday cake we threw an impromptu, low key party less than a week before his cleft palate surgery. 

Four big balloons, a dozen cupcakes and a stack of waffles later we were ready for a first birthday party!





Rhett was so tired he had a big cry right before family came over.


Best expression ever.
I feel like I just got a lecture.



Rhett and Harland's favorite thing to do right now is to push each other around on the puppy bike.
In Beddy's words "it just doesn't get any cuter than that!"


Rhett was delighted by his first ever card. He kept turning it over and over in his hands as he studied the pictures. Then he carried it around, puppy style, with him.







These babies TUCKED into their birthday cupcakes.
I could not believe it.
Those things were slathered in frosting.

My boys for sure!

4 comments:

  1. That picture of Harland's expression is gold!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe they are almost one. I love Harland's look in the one pick and that they push each other around.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Matt about harland's expression... so funny. They are one already? crazy. Jonas' art is amazing and he is going to be super bored come kindergarten if he is already learning about fancy art techniques ;) Good luck with Harland's (?) surgery this week. I will say a prayer for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahahaha! I can't wait to get a Harland "lecture" in person! That is one serious look of disapproval.

    Watching those boys devour their cupcakes was priceless!

    ReplyDelete