Monday, April 15, 2013

Isaiah 61:3

This has been such an uplifting verse for me over the past week that I've memorized it.

To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion,
to give unto them
beauty for ashes,
the oil of joy for mourning,
the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; 
that they might be called trees of righteousness,
the planting of the LORD,
that he might be glorified.

I've fallen in love lately with the strange and beautiful language of Isaiah, it is poetry for the soul.

Thank you to everyone who has been praying and fasting and thinking of Harland. The surgery went well and he is healing. The first 48 hours in the hospital were rough but he has turned a corner and is getting back to his busy, happy self quickly, especially now that he is home. This experience has reminded me that there is truly so much to be grateful for!

3 comments:

  1. that makes me so happy to hear. I hope we can talk soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that verse. Isaiah is one of the best "poets" I've every read. Very inspiring. So glad Harland's surgery went well and he is healing- and home- now. We'll see you in a couple of days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Isaiah as well! That's a beautiful verse. So glad Harland is doing well!

    ReplyDelete