Monday, April 1, 2013

Jonas' favorite pieces of art

Jonas and I are starting "preschool" with just the two of us and we're starting with an "artist" unit. We've been poring over art books and these are Jonas' favorites:

Damien Hirst's Physical Impossibility of Death in the Mind of Someone Living



That is a real tiger shark suspended in a tank filled with formaldehyde in case anyone was wondering!

Louise Bourgeois's Spider



That boy is all boy!

These are pretty much the stuff of nightmares to me!

4 comments:

  1. I have no idea how you have time for pre school, but I love the idea of having an artist unit.

    That shark is creepy, but I love the spider too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope, Spain at the Guggenheim. But I've there is a similar one called Maman someone else. Maybe that's the one in Ottawa?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting picks! I would love to see that shark in real life.

    ReplyDelete