Friday, September 3, 2010

Run of Faith

I just ran 3 miles in under 30 minutes. It has given me the greatest feeling of confidence that I will be able to jog the entire uphill 5K race. I've had to put forth faith that my interval jogging training would build up my stamina enough for a 5K. Each of my jogging workouts have been at least an hour long but the longest sustained running I had done with or without the jogging stroller over the first three weeks of my program is 10 minutes. The bulk of my workouts so far have been walking intervals. So to know I can jog for 30 minutes straight is an indescribable comfort. After not jogging for an entire year running has felt very foreign and difficult, but my muscle memory is starting to kick in and hopefully by the 8K Sight Night run, running will feel completely natural so I can focus on building back my speed for the Resolution Run. I won't be able to run my 5K on September 19 fast but I will be able to run it!


1 comment:

  1. that is awesome, good for you. Know next week we can tear it up together.

    ReplyDelete