Friday, September 3, 2010

Switching Schedules

I think I might have gone for my last stroller jog on Monday. I jogged for a total of 30 minutes (in intervals) while pushing Jonas and my workout felt a lot like strength training (and like I was pushing a baby hippo- sorry Jonas!) I still feel like I have some serious lactic acid build up in my quad muscles. I've decided to switch to an actual 5K training program for the last three weeks because building my cardio takes precedence over shaping up my bottom half right now. Strangely though I've been missing Jonas' company on my runs (just not pushing his weight). 

I only have 16 days until the Climb for Hope. After that I have signed up for an 8K on November 20 (you get to run in the dark with headlamps!) and a 5K Resolution Run on January 1. So I just need to sign up for three more events before August 9, 2011 to meet my goal of training for and completing 6 race events in a year. One will for sure be the Magrath Sprint Triathlon in July with Melissa and I think I've convinced Amy to do the Sandpoint Long Bridge Swim (an 1.76 mile open water swim in Idaho) with me on August 6 so that leaves one more event. Maybe a super-sprint tri or 10K in March? 

2 comments: