Tuesday, January 25, 2011

January Dinner

One of Matt and I's new year resolutions is to have one family we'd like to know better over to our home for dinner once a month. Hopefully, with the result that I will develop a little more ease and grace as a hostess. I don't think I will ever be a proficient at producing the inconsequential stream of chatter known as small talk, but I want to overcome some of my natural reserve with people outside my close circle of friends and family. Last night Matt and I had another couple over for dinner and then three more of our friends for FHE. I made herb crusted salmon with roasted lemons, roasted cauliflower risotto, and marbled chocolate cheesecake, and Matt made the mandarin salad. That's four golden recipes to add to the Harker Classics recipe binder, and two more people I can talk comfortably with at church (once you've demonstrated your non-talents you're beyond the awkward small talk phase, right?)

2 comments:

  1. I am guessing that last little comment was for my humour. Mark and I both got a good giggle out of that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds yummy! you should post the recipes!

    ReplyDelete