Saturday, May 9, 2009

10 (of the many) Reasons I Love My Mom



1. Mom is my cheerleader even when it results in her being banned from my basketball games.

2. Mom doesn't give up on people. She reminds me of a quote by Audrey Hepburn: "People, even more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed, and redeemed; never throw out anyone."

3. Mom is a risk taker. She is always willing to try new things, even when there is a chance she will land flat on her face. Like when she volunteered to play a deer in an amphitheater performance and while bravely attempting a quick zigzagging step on stage, lost her balance and tripped.



4. Mom is super spiritual. She has an unrivaled enthusiasm for studying the scriptures, applying them in her life, and teaching others what she has learned.

5. Mom is comfortable in her own skin. She is always genuine and always herself.

6. Mom is beautiful. I have a beautiful mom- inside and out and I think the outside reflects how beautiful the inside is. Mom has an effortless smile and kind eyes.



7. Mom is fun. A surprise gift of a brand new swimsuit and hair elastics left on my bed in summer. A day spent watching figure skating at the rink while drinking hot chocolate. Staying up late on a school night to talk. I have many, many memories of special moments I have had with my mother.

8. Mom is a patient teacher.

9. Mom is selfless. She thinks of others before her self and is quick to respond to the needs of others.

10. My mom isn't a normal mom. Growing up I would sometimes complain to my mom that she was embarrassing me. She was dancing around the living room with streamers in front of my friends or she was going into a second hand store on one of the main streets in Fort Saskatchewan where classmates might glimpse me sulking in the van. She would reply, "You don't know how lucky you are, some kids get normal moms". I sure am glad I didn't get one of those normal moms.

1 comment: