Thursday, May 14, 2009

Are Golf and Budget Contradictory Words?


Cost of a couple membership at:

Lloydminster Golf & Country Club.........$2200

Rolling Green Fairways, Lloydminster....$1200

Kitscoty Golf Course, Kitscoty...............$125

Just when I was beginning to think a golf filled summer would be financially taxing, Matt and I heard about this little gem in Kitscoty. Last summer Matt introduced me to the great sport that is golf and right away I was hooked. It is really a love it/hate it sport for me (mostly because as a perfectionist I can't give my heart completely to a sport until I've mastered it reasonably well).

When I crush a ball, my heart sings to the music of my driver. Unfortunately as a beginner, I am much more acquainted with shaking my fist in frustration when my ball narrowly misses the hole or worse yet swinging at the ball with all my might and missing it completely. When that happens there are really only two options- pretend it was a warm-up swing or gaze intently into the distance in the desperate hope people will believe you really crushed that ball.

But that's all going to change this summer. Watch out Michelle Wei, I am getting a golf membership and I'm not afraid to use it. The only thing holding me back from reaching my golf potential right now is the snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment