Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Funny Water

I planned for Jonas to have a bath this morning . I had all his clothes off and he was going "pretend potty" (he's sat on his potty a lot but has never actually"gone" while on his potty). He was all ready to jump in when I remembered I needed to grab some clean laundry from the basement. I told Jonas I would be right back and ran downstairs. 

When I came up Jonas kept repeating "Funny water!" "Funny water!" as we walked towards the bathroom. Suddenly a thought occurred to me that drew me up short.

"Show me where" I said.

So Jonas pointed at a dripping wet mark on a basket in the kitchen bookcase which culminated in a puddle on the floor. 

When I heard him proudly declare "Spray!" I connected all the dots.

The funny water was urine and Jonas had discovered his hose.

2 comments:

  1. HAHA! He's not going to be going pretend potty anymore, he'll be using the potty for target practice!!!! Bring on the liquids and let the games begin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh no I hope it didn't wreck anything. that is one of those funny and not funny moments all at the same time. Like today when I stubbed my toe and started jumping up and down and Macie laughed at me. How could I not smile, even though my toe was in huge pain.

    ReplyDelete